The MYP is a student-centered, conceptual program that puts students in the role of active learners. Students engage with 8 different subject areas : Mathematics, Sciences, English & Literature, PE & Health, Individuals and Societies, Design, Arts and Language Acquisition.
This inquiry-based program encourages students to take action in their learning, looking for the connection between subject areas, and developing approaches to learning skills that will cary them throughout their lives. All subjects focus on skills in communications, research, thinking, self management, and social competence.
Middle school students participate in a small-group advisory program, which supports their social and emotional needs throughout the school year. We mentor each child and help them to cultivate their talents and interests in ways that lead them becoming flexible, internationally -minded critical thinkers.
In the Upper School Program of Studies you will find:
- descriptions of subjects offered in grades 6-12
- ASW graduation requirements
- explanation of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes at ASW
- course offerings current to this year
- a description of the support services offered