IB Diploma Programme
Students have the option to earn additional qualifications alongside their ASW High School Academic Diploma or ASW High School General Diploma (described below) from the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) as described below.
IB Diploma Programme Courses
Students that choose to complete selected independent IB Diploma Programme course requirements including an external exam can earn individual scores awarded by the IBO. All IB DP courses are 2 years in length and are completed during grade 11 and 12. Universities may award university credit for earning official IB scores in individual courses (specified by each university).
The IB Diploma is an additional diploma that can be earned while attending ASW. This additional diploma may serve as qualification for direct entry prerequisites to specific programs in some universities, count toward completion of the first year of university, and/or the universities may award individual course credits.
- Complete 6 IB DP courses (from specific subject disciplines) as well as IB Core components (TOK, Extended Essay, CAS).
- 3 courses must be taken at the “Higher Level”
- Candidates must earn a minimum of 24 points out of 45 (externally moderated/assessed by the IB)
- Candidates may not have a grade less than 2 in any course
- Candidates may not have more than two courses graded at 2 (SL or HL).
- Candidates may not have more than three courses graded at 3 or below (SL or HL)
- Candidates must earn at least 12 points on higher level (HL) subjects
- Candidates must earn at least 9 points on standard level (SL) subjects
- The candidates may not receive a penalty for academic misconduct.