The American School of Warsaw is a not-for-profit organization. Tuition and fees fund all operational expenses and strategic enhancements to advance learning experiences for all students. The following information outlines ASW’s tuition and fees and payment policies.
Fees for School Year 2023-2024:
What do tuition fees include?
- State-of-the -art campus facilities
- Textbooks and everyday class supplies
- A broad Athletics and Activities program
- Arts program
- 1-to-1 iPad or Macbook laptop
- Curricular field trips
- Mild Learning Support Services
Lunch and daily transportation are not included.
A non-refundable Application Fee of USD 150 (or PLN 600) covers the processing of an application. Applications will not be processed until the Application Fee has been received. Payment of the Application Fee does not guarantee admission. The Application Fee will not be charged for those who maintain active status on a waiting list based on a prior paid application (periodically updated document submission may be required).
Registration Fee is a one-time, non-refundable fee applied to newly enrolled students due upon admission to the School to confirm your student’s seat except as noted below:
|Grade Level||Fee (USD)|
|Pre-kindergarten||PLN 10,000 deposit|
|Grades 1 - 12||$7,500|
● Pre-Kindergarten students are not assessed the Registration Fee. They pay a non-refundable seat deposit of PLN 10,000 by a specified date.
● Students continuing into or entering Kindergarten pay a non-refundable Registration Fee of $1,000.
● Kindergarten students returning and continuing into first grade will pay a non-refundable Registration Fee of $6,500
● Students re-enrolling in ASW who have previously paid the Registration Fee are not required to pay this fee again.
For all of the above fees, payment plans are available for non-corporate payers. Installment plans associated with the Registration Fee, EAL Fee, and Learning Support fees may also be selected. You may apply for one of our payment plans by contacting the Finance Office and selecting from our menu of options. Fifty-percent (50%) of the Registration Fee must be paid at the time of enrollment. After that, payment plans must assure that 50% or more of all fees are paid during the 1st semester.
|Example Payment Plans||Due Dates|
|Annual payment||June 1|
|Semester payment||June 1, November 2|
|Quarter payments||June 1, August 1, November 2, January 16|
● Fees for examinations (e.g. - AP, SAT, ACT, Independent Studies, Pamoja, etc.), graduation fees, PE uniforms, or the cost of transportation for athletic or activity trips may also be incurred and are invoiced on an as needed basis.
● Late payment fees – PLN 700 per invoice for each late payment.
● Administration fees – PLN 2,000 for Quarter Payment Plan or special payment plan.
● Lost or Damaged School Property: Students are billed at full replacement cost for lost and/or damaged books, materials, equipment, and facilities, but is refundable if the lost item is found and returned in good condition.
● Parents may be assessed other charges for specific purposes and with the parent’s prior informed consent.
● All fees are invoiced annually in advance of the school year unless a different Payment Plan has been selected (see above).
● An invoice requesting a non-refundable payment of a seat deposit of PLN 10,000 for all re-enrolling students will be sent during semester 2 of the current school year and will be due as specified on the invoice. Payment of this fee by the due date will confirm your child’s continued enrollment to ASW.
If payment is not received by the indicated due date on the invoice, the seat will be made available to new applicants. The seat-deposit will be credited toward the tuition.
● An invoice requesting a non-refundable payment of the Registration Fee for all newly enrolled K-12 students will be due as specified on the invoice. Payment of this fee by the due date will confirm your child’s enrollment to ASW. If payment is not received by the indicated due date on the invoice, the seat will be made available to new applicants.
● Tuition invoices for the school year will be deposited in the password protected PowerSchool account for each student with email notification to the parent of their placement and availability. Payment is due as specified above.
● Failure to pay tuition or fees in full according to payment deadlines may result in temporary or permanent restriction from attending school; withholding of school reports, references, and/or examination results; or, in the extreme, loss of the student’s place in the school. Students with overdue balances exceeding 30 days may be restricted from attending classes until overdue balances are settled.
Payment is required in both currencies. All payers must remit in BOTH USD and PLN.
|Total Annual Tuition
USD + PLN
|Pre-kindergarten||$5,900 + PLN 34,430|
|Kindergarten||$7,250 + PLN 45,030|
|Grades 1 - 2||$9,090 + PLN 61,080|
|Grades 3 - 5||$9,455 + PLN 63,530|
|Grades 6 - 8||$10,875 + PLN 65,700|
|Grades 9 - 10||$11,095 + PLN 69,586|
|Grades 11 - 12||$11,095 + PLN 71,512|
STUDENTS WHO ENROLL AFTER THE START OF A SEMESTER:
● Students who enroll at any time during a semester will be invoiced the full tuition for that semester.
● Students may enroll and attend classes within the last 15 school days of the first semester and will be charged a pro-rata daily tuition rate.
EAL (English as an Additional Language) Fee
The EAL program is a requirement of enrollment for all new students in Grades 1-12 who qualify for services as determined by the Language Programme Policy/Procedures and the prescribed assessments. Kindergarten students currently enrolled and continuing into first grade are not assessed an EAL Fee.
|One-Time Fee on Entry for Grades 1 -12||PLN 19,500|
Students requiring moderate, intensive, or specialized education learning support will be assessed a fee associated with the overall costs of this level of assistance. Along with a determination of level of service, a comprehensive learning plan will provide details on the services provided. Students being supported at these levels receive an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and their overall progress is monitored against the goals of that plan, including all appropriate accommodations for and/or modifications to the curriculum. The following are the current fees associated with moderate, intensive and specialized education learning support. Details regarding the levels of support including qualification, assessment, determination, and program components are available upon request.
|Learning Support||Annual Fee|
|Mild||included in tuition|
|Specialized Education||PLN 110,000|
● Payments will only be accepted in the currencies quoted. All payers will remit payment in both currencies (PLN & USD), for fees as specified. Information regarding the school’s bank accounts is included on the invoice for your convenience. Important: Please include the student’s name or the invoice number on the transfer.
● PLN transfers generally will be credited the same day or following business day to the ASW account. USD payments will require at least two business days before credit is applied.
● Please be aware that the payer is responsible to cover all transfer and exchange costs incurred when making payments, to ensure that the amount paid on an account is the full amount due.
● Please contact the Business Office for additional bank transfer information: email@example.com or +48-22-702-8553
Tuition and fees are billed according to an academic year. In the event a student withdraws in advance of or during any academic year, tuition paid by the due date of the invoice will be refunded for full semesters in which the student does not attend school as below:
|Withdrawal Notice Received||Paid Tuition Refund of Semester 1 Portion||Paid Tuition Refund of Semester 2 Portion|
|Before July 1||100%||100%|
|July 1 - August 15||50%||100%|
|August 16 - November 15||0%||100%|
|November 16 - December 15||0%||50%|
|After December 15||0%||0%|
Any refunds will be net of fees, deposits, or portions thereof stipulated as non-refundable.
If tuition is not paid in full by the due date, the invoiced amount of the tuition remains due and payable irrespective of any withdrawal, with no right to a discount or refund on the invoiced amount due.