The American School of Warsaw is a not-for-profit organization. Tuition and fees fund all operational expenses and strategic enhancements to advance learning experiences for all students. The following information outlines ASW’s tuition and fees and payment policies.
What do tuition fees include?
- State-of-the -art campus facilities
- Textbooks and everyday class supplies
- A broad Athletics and Activities program
- Arts program
- 1-to-1 iPad or Macbook laptop
- Curricular field trips
- Mild Learning Support Services
A non-refundable Application Fee of USD 100 (or PLN 400) covers the processing of an application. Applications will not be processed until the Application Fee has been received. Payment of the Application Fee does not guarantee admission. The Application Fee will not be charged for those who maintain active status on a waiting list based on a prior paid application (periodically updated document submission may be required).
Registration Fee is a one-time, non-refundable fee applied to newly enrolled students due upon admission to the School to confirm your student’s seat except as noted below:
|Grade Level||Fee (USD)|
|Pre-kindergarten||PLN 4000 deposit|
|Grades 1 - 12||$6,000|
● Pre-Kindergarten students are not assessed the Registration
Fee. They pay a non-refundable seat deposit of PLN 4,000 by a specified date.
● Students continuing into or entering Kindergarten pay a non-refundable Registration Fee of $1,000.
● Kindergarten students returning and continuing into first grade will pay a non-refundable Registration Fee of $5,000
● Students re-enrolling in ASW who have previously paid the Registration Fee are not required to pay this fee again.
For all of the above fees, payment plans are available for non-corporate payers. Installment plans associated with the Registration Fee, EAL Fee, and Learning Support fees may also be selected. You may apply for one of our payment plans by contacting the Finance Office and selecting from our menu of options. Fifty-percent (50%) of the Registration Fee must be paid at the time of enrollment. After that, payment plans must assure that 50% or more of all fees are paid during the 1st semester.
|Example Payment Plans||Due Dates|
|Annual payment||June 1|
|Semester payment||June 1, November 2|
|Quarter payments||June 1, August, November 2, January 14|
● Fees for examinations (e.g. - AP, IB, SAT, ACT, etc.), graduation fees, yearbooks, PE uniforms, advanced calculators, or the cost of transportation for athletic or activity trips may also be incurred and are invoiced on an as needed basis.
● Late payment fees – PLN 700 per invoice for each late payment.
● Administration fees – PLN 700 for Quarter Payment Plan.
● Lost or Damaged School Property: Students are billed at full replacement cost for lost and/or damaged books, materials, equipment, and facilities, but is refundable if the lost item is found and returned in good condition.
● Parents may be assessed other charges for specific purposes and with the parent’s prior informed consent.
|Grade Level||Total Annual Tuition
USD + PLN
|Pre-kindergarten||$5,725 + PLN 29,320|
|Kindergarten||$7,040 + PLN 38,350|
|Grades 1 - 2||$8,825 + PLN 52,020|
|Grades 3 - 5||$9,178 + PLN 54,106|
|Grades 6 - 8||$10,558 + PLN 55,950|
|Grades 9 - 10||$10,770 + PLN 59,260|
|Grades 11 - 12||$10,770 + PLN 60,900|
Payment is required in both currencies. All payers must remit in BOTH USD and PLN.
STUDENTS WHO ENROLL AFTER THE START OF A SEMESTER:
● Students who enroll at any time during a semester will be invoiced the full tuition for that semester.
● Students may enroll and attend classes within the last 15 school days of the first semester and will be charged a pro-rata daily tuition rate.
EAL (English as an Additional Language) Fee
The EAL program is a requirement of enrollment for all new students in Grades 1-12 who qualify for services as determined by the Language Program Policy/Procedures and the prescribed assessments. Kindergarten
students currently enrolled and continuing into first grade are not assessed an EAL Fee.
|One-Time Fee on Entry for Grades 1 -12||PLN 17,500|
Students requiring moderate, intensive, or specialized education learning support will be assessed a fee associated with the overall costs of this level of assistance. Along with a determination of level of service, a comprehensive learning plan will provide details on the services provided. Students being supported at these
levels receive an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and their overall progress is monitored against the goals of that plan, including all appropriate accommodations for and/or modifications to the curriculum. The following are the current fees associated with moderate, intensive and specialized education learning support. Details regarding the levels of support including qualification, assessment, determination, and program components are available upon request.
|Learning Support||Annual Fee|
|Mild||included in tuition|
|Specialized Education||PLN 87,000|