Purpose and Role
Oversee the Admissions team and implement the school admissions, recruitment and enrollment process, according to the strategic direction set and all agreed policies. In collaboration and
coordination with the Director of Marketing & Communications, develop and produce promotional materials and organize outreach efforts.
The American School of Warsaw is an independent not for profit school that is sponsored by the Office of Overseas Schools. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Council of International Schools have accredited the school since 1987. The school has also been an accredited IB DP School since 1994. We have also received formal notification from the IB that we are now recognized as an IB candidate school for the Middle Years Programme as of 14 June 2016 and Primary Years Programme as of 30 May 2016. Final authorization of programmes will take place in the first quarter of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Make the whole world your classroom.
- Step forward and make things happen. Don’t wait.
- Work together. Because without us all, we’re nothing.
- Bounce back when things don’t go your way.
- Put this same into life as you put into school.
Established in 1953, we are proud to be the oldest international school in Warsaw, offering an American-based curriculum with an international perspective for 990 students, aged 3-18. We have students from over 50 nations, and a faculty of more than 100 highly qualified mostly oversees-hired educators. By respecting the diversity of our employees, we promote the creation of an environment in which all individuals can utilize their talents to the fullest while working together for the best of our community. We are seeking candidates who integrate well with a diverse population and embrace the opportunities of living in a truly international setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Three (3) years of professional strategic communications experience.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- High degree of professionalism, organization, flexibility, and initiative.
- Experience in recruitment, staff supervision, communications, strategic planning, and data analysis;
- Master Degree in related field
- Fluent in Polish
- Evidence of demonstrated planning, organizational, customer service, leadership and supervisory skills;
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative enrollment goals; knowledge of national and international trends and developments in recruitment and admission for the purposes of modeling and strategic planning;
- Strong quantitative and analytical prowess, and knowledge and experience with cutting-edge technologies in the enrollment area and reporting
Responsibilities include the following:
Acting as the first point of contact for prospective parents and students.
- Answers inquiries of and meets with prospective parents and students, providing accurate and personalized information and orientation to ASW programs, services, tuition, and admissions process.
- Ensures availability of up-to-date admissions information packages
- Manages effectively school visits and tours: provide a welcoming and professional environment, facilitating opportunities for meeting with key personnel and ASW families, interaction with teachers and students, and for observation of classroom and other school activities.
- Ensures proper follow-up communication after inquiries and visits.
- Attends parent information meetings and other academic meetings to maintain a thorough understanding of all school programs and activities
Admissions and enrolment process.
- Coordinates and facilitates all the steps of the application and admissions process in line with the ASW Admissions Policy.
- Assists families during the application process (completion of the application forms, interviewing, admissions and placement testing) and coordinates with internal school departments to ensure a smooth enrollment process.
- Works with school divisions to develop and organize an effective family and student orientation and farewell program
Data collection and analysis.
- Ensures accurate and timely input of admissions data (inquiry, application, student data) into relevant student databases.
- Reports weekly to the School Director, School Principals and Business Office on enrollment, and from April through August on projected enrollment based on re-enrollment data and inquiry/application data.
- Provides the School Director and BOT on a regular basis with statistical reports on “admissions funnel” data to enhance recruitment strategies, forecasting and operational efficiency.
- On a regular basis monitors local and global business/expat relocation trends and competitor schools’ data, identifying weaknesses and opportunities that could impact the school’s operation.
- Identifies and targets new companies and organizations entering the Polish market.
Developing and implementing strategies to attract and recruit new students.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the wider business and diplomatic community in Warsaw, relocation agents, and international preschools.
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications, organizes outreach efforts aimed at attracting students, including Open Houses, promotional visits to companies and diplomatic missions, and events at ASW for the wider business and expat community.
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications, creates digital and print promotional materials.
- Identifies external events, publications and social media platforms for the expatriate and local business community where ASW should be present/visible.
Professionalism - fosters the success of ASW by demonstrating professional standards and ethics, engaging in continuous professional development, and contributing to the profession.
- Presents ASW in a professional manner to prospective parents and the broader community.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintains a high degree of cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains a positive and forthright attitude.
- Provides leadership in sharing ideas and information with staff and other professionals.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with other administrators, school personnel, and other stakeholders to promote and support the vision, mission, and goals of the school.
Leadership - fosters the success of ASW by designing a strategy for Admissions, identifying key objectives required to implement the strategy, taking into account ASW values, culture, behaviors and performance.
- Establishes and implements strategic targets for the Admissions Office that will support the achievement of the wider ASW objectives.
- Establishes budgeting needs and resources for the Admissions Office
- Leads the Admissions team, ensuring that all the duties and responsibilities are performed as assigned.
- Supports the School Director in preparing Board reports as required in support of Admissions initiatives and regular reporting.
Summary of responsibilities:
- To oversee the program of admissions of new students to the school.
- To present the school to prospective students and parents, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents; interviews with candidates and their parents; arrangements for admissions testing; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
- To oversee the admission office, creation of the admissions budget, and appropriate admissions and marketing materials, mailings and publications.
- To evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the admissions and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants
- To manage the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding year.
- To oversee the network of parents, former parents and alumni to assist in the admissions program.
- To keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment program.
- To represent the school at various gatherings and conferences.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the School Director.
- To support the school and its leadership.
Download the job description